CTV Ottawa Contest
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- TO ENTER the CTV Ottawa and The Audio Shop SHARP Television Just in Time for Christmas contest (the “Contest”) simply visit the web site located at www.ctvottawa.ca and click on the Contest page and complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the site or drop off entry before 11:59am ET, Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 87 George Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 9H7. All entries must include your name, address, e-mail address, age and ten digit day time and evening telephone number. Entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Limit of one (1) entry per individual per day (in the form of a 24 hour period), regardless of the method of entry, addresses, email addresses or telephone numbers submitted. Illegible entries are ineligible. Contest starts at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on November 21, 2011 and closes on December 20, 2011 at 11:59am Eastern Time ("ET") (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) prize (the "Prize") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
- The contest sponsors are CTV Television, a division of Bell Media Inc and The Audio Shop 1043080 0ntario Inc (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”).
- To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario residing in the 343 or 613 or 519 area code, or Quebec residing in the 819 area code and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsors, their agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
- Prize - There is one (1) prize to be won, consisting of one (1) eighty inch (80”) Sharp Television, model sharp lc 80 le 632, serial number 109813093. Approximate retail value of prize is five-thousand four-hundred and ninety-nine dollars Canadian ($5,499.00 CDN) Contest winner and guest are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. Prize will be delivered from CTV Television at 87 George Street in Ottawa to the home of the winner provided the winner resides within a fifty (50) kilometre radius of 87 George Street in Ottawa. If the winner resides outside of said radius, the winner agrees to assume all responsibility in picking up the prize from 87 George Street – at a time mutually agreed with the contest sponsors - within thirty (30) days of winning the prize.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor(s) and their partners reserve the right to substitute any part of the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prizes are unavailable.
- The random draw for the Grand Prize will take place at CTV Ottawa, 87 George Street , Ottawa, Ontario at approximately 12:00 p.m. from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period on December 20th, 2011 and the first entry drawn on that date will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the contest period. CTV Television Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact winner by telephone immediately following the draw and will announce the winner’s name on CTV News at 6:00, December 21st, 2011. The winner must provide proof of identification upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by CTV Television Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, potential winner, as applicable, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s and each potential winner, as applicable, participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner, as applicable, does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify potential winner and draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner, if applicable, shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected.
- By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion, further reserve their right to terminate the on-line portion, as applicable, of the Contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries and all other entries (as applicable) previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site, where applicable.
- Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to CTV Television Inc. at 87 George Street., Ottawa, ON, K1N 9H7.