QATAR TRIP GIVEAWAY CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
January 18, 2013 – February 10, 2013
1. Watch CTV News at 6 p.m. on CTV Montreal on the applicable local cable or satellite channel in your area on Fridays from January 18, 2013 to February 8, 2013 to view the Contest spot and watch for the Contest clue shown during the program (collectively the “Contest Clues”, and each a “Contest Clue”).
2. TO ENTER the Qatar Trip Giveaway contest (the “Contest”) simply visit the web site located at www.montreal.ctvnews.ca, click on the Contest page link to access the Contest page, complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Contest page. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address, age, ten digit day time and evening telephone number and the most recent Contest Clue shown (as outlined below). Once a Contest Clue is shown on Friday during the Contest Period, that Contest Clue will remain the most recent Contest Clue until the following Friday at 5:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), with the exception of the Contest Clue shown on Friday, February 8, 2013, which will only be valid for entry until the end of the Contest Period (defined below). After these respective times, the applicable Contest Clue will not be considered to be the most recent Contest Clue and will not be a valid entry requirement.
Limit of one (1) entry per individual per day. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once per day, all your entries will be void. Contest starts at 6:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Friday, January 18, 2013 and closes on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). There are four (4) grand prizes (collectively the "Prizes" and each, a "Prize") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Limit of one Prize per household. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
3. The Contest sponsors are Bell Media Inc. and Qatar Airways QACS (Qatar Airways) (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
4. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Quebec and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
5. Prizes - There are four (4) Prizes each consisting of a return trip for two (2) to one of the following destinations as selected by the Contest Sponsors in consultation with the applicable Prize winner: (i) Bangkok (BKK), Thailand; (ii) Doha (DOH), Qatar; (iii) Delhi (DEL), India; or, (iv) Kathmandu (KTM), Nepal. Departures are from Trudeau International Airport in Montreal (YUL), (hereinafter referred to as the "Departure Point") connecting in Doha, Qatar. All Qatar Airways flights are via Doha, Qatar. Each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, applicable taxes, currency surcharges, ground transportation, accommodations, meals and beverages, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance together with any required travel documentation, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature. Departure dates are subject to availability and shall be determined by Qatar Airways at their sole discretion. Flight reservations must be made in accordance with Qatar Airways’ instructions provided at the time of Prize winner notification. Flights are only available on Qatar Airways operated flights. Flights must be booked at least 21 days prior to departure (last-minute travel booked within this 21-day window is not permitted). Each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion must travel on the same dates and on the same itinerary – roundtrip. In the event that Qatar Airways ceases to service certain destinations after tickets have been issued, an alternative destination serviced by Qatar Airways will be selected by Qatar Airways at their sole discretion, in consultation with the applicable Prize winner. Blackout periods apply, as determined by Qatar Airways at their sole discretion. Blackout dates may include: May 15, 2013 to August 15, 2013 and December 1, 2013 to January 15, 2014. Each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point, as the Prize originates and terminates there. It is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation, including passports and visas, as applicable and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements. It is recommended that each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance, including health insurance, prior to departure. Each Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are also responsible for obtaining any vaccines. Others terms and conditions apply to the flights- please review the full terms provided by Qatar Airways at the time of booking. Approximate retail value of each Prize is Four Thousand Dollars ($4,000.00) CAD based on a Montreal departure to Bangkok destination example.
6. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prizes in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prizes are unavailable. Prize winners are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. No change in travel arrangements can be made by a Prize winner once his/her booking has been confirmed. The Prizes may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program, including but not limited to Privilege Club mileage/sector credits or any other type of mileage credit.
7. On each of the following dates; January 21, 28 and February 4, 11, 2013, at 9:00 a.m. ET, a random draw for one (1) Prize will take place at CTV Montreal, Montreal, Quebec from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period prior to the applicable draw. The first entry drawn in each draw will be eligible to win one (1) Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period prior to the applicable draw. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential winner by telephone within two (2) days after the applicable draw. In the event that that a potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a Prize winner, each potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, each potential winner and his/her travelling companion, and in the event of a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner or his/her travelling companion, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner or his/her travelling companion’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner or his/her traveling companion do not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify such potential winner and his/her travelling companion, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until all qualified Prize winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than Friday, February 15, 2013.
8. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
9. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting names of Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right (subject only to the consent of the Regie des alcools, des course et des jeux) to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right (subject only to the consent of the Regie des alcools, des course et des jeux) to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
11. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Quebec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
12. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
13. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.