PARC SAFARI CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
June 25, 2012 - September 09, 2012
1. TO ENTER the PARC SAFARI contest (the “Contest”) simply visit the web site located at www.ctvmontreal.ca, click on the Contest page, complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the site. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address, age, ten digit day time and evening telephone number and a photograph in JPEG format depicting you, your family and/or your friends in front of the main entrance of the Parc Safari souvenir shop, “Le Souk”, (located at 850, route 202, Hemmingford, Quebec J0L 1H0) in compliance with the photo requirements provided below.
Or, you can enter by submitting an original, 100 word, handwritten essay, in English, in compliance with the essay requirements provided below, describing why you deserve to win the Prize to:
Att: Parc Safari Contest Bell Media Inc. 1205 Papineau Montreal, QC H2K 4R2.
Each mail-in entry must be sent separately and must bear sufficient pre-paid postage if sent through the postal service. Limit of one (1) online entry and one (1) essay entry. If it is discovered that you attempted to exceed the foregoing entry limit, all your entries will be void. Contest starts at 1:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Monday, June 25, 2012 and closes on Sunday, September 09, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) grand prize (the "Prize") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsors are Bell Media Inc. and Parc Safari Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsors”).
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Quebec and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
4. Prize - There is one (1) Prize consisting of a trip for two (2) to The Sarova Lodges in Kenya for a 7-night African photo safari. Trip includes: round trip economy air fare for two (2) from a major Canadian airport closest to the Prize winner's place of residence in Canada (hereinafter referred to as the "Departure Point") to Nairobi, Kenya (via Doha); seven (7) nights accommodation (based on one (1) room, double occupancy) at the Sarova Lodges in Kenya (Nairobi- 1 night; Shaba- 2 nights; Lake Nakuru- 1 night; and, Masa Mara- 3 nights); 3 meals a day during the safari; and, ground transfers between the respective lodges and the airport in Nairobi. The Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, applicable taxes, fuel/currency surcharges, ground transportation (except as described herein), meals and beverages (except as described herein), room service, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, insurance together with any required travel documentation, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature, together with any applicable overnight layover. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. The Prize winner and his/her travelling companion are also solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the Departure Point as the Prize originates and terminates there. It is the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and his/her travelling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation, including passports and visas, as applicable, and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements. The Prize winner and his/her travelling companion must be able to travel at the times and dates as determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion and authority failing which the Prize will be forfeited. It is recommended that Prize winner and his/her travelling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Travel must be completed by Friday, May 31, 2013 and the following blackout periods apply: July 1st to October 31st, 2012 and December 1st to February 28th, 2013. The Prize winner’s travelling companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Approximate retail value of the Prize is Ten Thousand Dollars ($10,000.00) CAD, based on a Montreal departure.
5. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the Prize winner once the booking has been confirmed. The Prize may not be used towards any type of frequent flyer mileage, or other reward point accumulation program.
6. On or after Monday, September 10, 2012 at approximately 10:00 a.m. ET, a random draw for the Prize will take place at CTV Montreal, Montreal, Quebec from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential winner by telephone within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the Prize winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc.. Before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner and his/her travelling companion will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner or his/her travelling companion’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner or his/her travelling companion does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner and his/her travelling companion, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential Prize winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected, but in any event, no later than Monday, September 17, 2012.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
Photo Requirements: You must ensure that your photo submission is original and does not include any third party’s proprietary content, including trade-marks or copyrighted content. Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant who uses third party proprietary content. Contest Sponsors further reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to edit any photo submission to blur out any trade-marks or to remove any copyrighted content. Photo submissions must not include any illegal, defamatory or in any way obscene content. Entries remain the property of the entrant. However, by entering this Contest each entrant (i) represents that his/her photo submission is her or her original work and does not infringe on any third party’s copyright, trade-mark or other intellectual property rights, (ii) that he/she has all necessary rights from any third party that appears, or is mentioned, in the photo submission, including those from the parent or legal guardian if third party is under the age of majority; (iii) grants the Contest Sponsors, an unlimited, royalty free, irrevocable, right and license to reproduce, post and/or broadcast the photo submission in any form of media now known or hereinafter developed; (iv) waives all moral rights in the photo submission in favour of the Contest Sponsors, (v) agrees to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any claim or liability arising from or related to the photo submission, participation in this Contest, and/or acceptance and or use of any Prize awarded, and (vi) consents to the publication and/or use, in any medium of the entrant’s entry, name, city of residence, photo submission and/or image for publicity purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsors or their advertising and promotional agencies without payment or compensation of any kind. Photo submissions may be showcased by Contest Sponsors on a public viewing gallery. Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for any claims against infringement of the right of privacy with respect to any photo submission submitted.
Essay Requirements: You must ensure that your essay submission is original and does not include any third party’s proprietary content, including trade-marks or copyrighted content. Contest Sponsors, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant who uses third party proprietary content. Contest Sponsors further reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to edit any essay submission to blur out any trade-marks or to remove any copyrighted content. Essay submissions must not include any illegal, defamatory or in any way obscene content. Essay submissions cannot be a parody or derogatory. Entries remain the property of the entrant. However, by entering this Contest each entrant (i) represents that his/her essay submission is her or her original work and does not infringe on any third party’s copyright, trade-mark or other intellectual property rights, (ii) that he/she has all necessary rights from any third party that appear, or is mentioned, in the essay submission, including those from the parent or legal guardian if third party is under the age of majority; (iii) grants the Contest Sponsors, an unlimited, royalty free, irrevocable, right and license to reproduce, post and/or broadcast the essay submission in any form of media now known or hereinafter developed; (iv) waives all moral rights in the essay submission in favour of the Contest Sponsors, (v) agrees to release, indemnify, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any claim or liability arising from or related to the essay submission, participation in this Contest, and/or acceptance and or use of any Prize awarded, and (vi) consents to the publication and/or use, in any medium of the entrant’s entry, name, city of residence, photograph and/or image for publicity purposes carried out by the Contest Sponsors or their advertising and promotional agencies without payment or compensation of any kind. Essay submission may be showcased by Contest Sponsors on a public viewing gallery. Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for any claims against infringement of the right of privacy with respect to any essay submission submitted.
8. Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the name of the Prize winner (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right (subject only to the consent of the Regie des alcools, des course et des jeux) to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right (subject only to the consent of the Regie des alcools, des course et des jeux) to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
9. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to Bell Media Inc. at 1205 Papineau, Montreal, QC, H2K 4R2.
10. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Regie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Quebec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and the French language version of the Contest Rules, as applicable, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
12. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.