Rules and Regulations
Terms & conditions
For more information on this film visit:
Sorry, the contest now is closed.
Winner will be announced soon.
Read Official Contest Rules
CTV Ottawa Movie Pass Web Site
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. TO ENTER the CTV Ottawa Movie Pass Web Site contest ("Contest"), simply visit the web site located at www.ctvottawa.ca, click on the Contest page and complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found at the site. All entries must include your name, address, age, ten digit day and evening telephone numbers and e-mail address. Limit of one entry per individual person per household per day, regardless of the e-mail addresses, telephone numbers or addresses submitted. Entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Illegible entries, bulk drop-offs, mechanical reproductions or facsimile entries are ineligible. Contest starts at 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on November 26, 2012 and closes on December 9, 2012 at 11:59 pm ET. There are fifteen (15) prizes (each, a "Prize", collectively "Prizes") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Limit of one Prize per household. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsors are: CTV Television, a division of Bell Media Ltd. and Universal Pictures Canada. (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest Sponsors").
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada residing in Eastern Ontario or Western Quebec in either the (613) or (819) area code and be over the age of majority in his or her province of residence. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
4. PRIZES: There are fifteen (15) Prizes to be won, each consisting of a movie pass for two (2) for admission to the advance screening of "This is 40" on December 17, 2012. Approximate retail value of each Prize is twenty-two dollars ($22.00). Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
5. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
6. On or after 12:00 pm ET December 10, 2012 a random draw will take place at CTV Television Inc., Ottawa, Ontario, from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first fifteen (15) entries drawn will be eligible to win a Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. CTV Television Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner by e-mail or telephone within 2 business days after the draw. In the event the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by CTV Television Inc. Before being awarded the Prize, potential winner will be required to sign a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read, understood and complied with these official rules and regulations ("Rules"), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winnerís participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner and draw an alternate potential winner and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become the property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with Contestants requesting Contest Rules by mail or requesting a list of Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion, further reserve their right to terminate the on-line portion of the Contest and conduct the drawing from all on-line entries previously received during the Contest Period. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrantís computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
9. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his/her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering the Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to CTV Ottawa, 87 George Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 9H7.
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.